March 21, 2011

Enes Kanter says he cries when he watches UK play

Excerpt:
It’s a tradition in Lexington, Ky., that the town shuts down on the day the Kentucky Wildcats play their first NCAA tournament game. The streets should be all but bare when the Wildcats face Princeton on Thursday, and among the locals watching will be a 6-foot-10 freshman who has as much of a rooting interest in the game as the most fervent of bluebloods.
Of course, if it were up to Enes Kanter, he’d be helping the Wildcats on the court, not sitting in front of a TV.
“I cry when I watch the games,” Kanter told Yahoo! Sports. “When I watch them play I’m sad because I cannot help my teammates. When I see them losing, it’s frustrating.”
Note: Kanter has not been made available to the local media since the NCAA ruled him ineligible.
John CClay
johnclay.bloginky.com

No comments:

Post a Comment