May 21, 2011

‘Trainer to the pros’ helps Kanter prepare

Would-be UK player Enes Kanter went top shelf in preparing himself for the NBA. He said he had been in Chicago for about six weeks working with Tim Grover, a man known as the “trainer to the pros.”
Among Grover’s clients are Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant and Dwyane Wade.
So when asked if he was rusty after having not played in more than a year,
Kanter said, “I don’t think so. I feel I’m in great shape.”
Kanter met Grover when the latter went to Greece four years ago to attend a Jordan Brand Classic game.
Kanter said he had been working out with Grover twice a day.
Although in Chicago for six weeks, Kanter said he was able to do classwork.
“I took my classes on line,” he said. “I have one more final. After that, I will be done.”
Jerry Tipton
ukbasketball.bloginky.com

No comments:

Post a Comment