May 20, 2011

Kanter: I’ve got nothing to hide

Former Arizona star Derrick Williams is projected as a high lottery pick. With relatively little to prove, he’s doing relatively little on the court at the NBA Combine.
But would-be Kentucky player Enes Kanter is diving nto the deep end even though he’s also widely projected as a high lottery pick.

“I’m doing everything here,” Kanter said on Thursday. “I don’t have anything to hide and I have a lot to show people. . . . I”m not scared of anyone.”

Kanter pronounced Thursday’s sessions a success.

“Today was so great,” he said. “I just try to do my best. I just try to run hard and play hard.”

Of course, Kanter did not play this past season. The NCAA ruled him permanently ineligible because he received about $33,000 in excess of permitted compensation while playing for a pro team in his native Turkey.

When asked if he considered the year off a problem, Kanter said, “No. I don’t think I missed anything. . . . I’m ready.”

Kanter: I’ve got nothing to hide
Jerry Tipton
ukbasketball.bloginky.com

No comments:

Post a Comment